RVR engine A/T to manual

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
ChefG

RVR engine A/T to manual

Post by ChefG »

Hi guys. Newbie here. Been reading alot but can't seem to find the specific answer for my query.

I have a 1976 colt galant with 4g32 saturn 4 speed manual. I have purchased a 4g63t engine that came off a Mitsubishi RVR. Plan to install it on my colt. The engine(4g63t) is 4wd and automatic transmission. My question is can I use the manual transmission of my 4g32 on the 4g63t? I don't know where to start regarding the transmission. Hopefully you guys can help me out. What other manual transmission can I fit on the engine? No idea regarding this matter, just want to be sure I can fit the engine and have a good tranny that can fit properly with no problems. Help would be great! :D

Thanks in advance guys!
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: RVR engine A/T to manual

Post by astronturbo77 »

Wouldnt bother putting the 4sp.behind a 63 , youll be pulling it out pretty quick. Failrly sure you need a narrow block sigma 5sp and clutch flywheel.. better asking the crowd at austarion.com they know their shit!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
ChefG

Post by ChefG »

Thanks for the response.
I also have a 6a12mivec from an fto, choosing between the two engines(4g63t,6a12). I think the 4g63t would be a less of a headache. Just want to make sure what transmission would fit onto it and would carry the power.
A112H

Post by A112H »

The 6A series of engines do not have any provision for RWD engine mounts and there is no RWD gear box thats fits.
All you need for the 4G63 is some Sigma engine mounts to fit the engine. If it is a 6 bolt crank you can use a $g52 2.0 Sigma flywheel and clutch with a narrow block gearbox. If it is a 7 bolt crank I have no idea, lol
The L200/Triton with the 4G63 has the strongest of stock Mitsubishi gearboxes to suit narrow blocks.
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

Sounds like an identical project to mine. Check the build page. Previous advice is right. Fingers crossed you get lucky and have a 7 bolt crank.