Sigma Automatic mount

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
littlefireyone

Sigma Automatic mount

Post by littlefireyone »

Hi guys sorry to be a nagger early on but I've searched though the forum and I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

Anyway, I have a customer that needs an automatic gearbox mount for his GH sigma but:

- Kelpro don't list a mount for the auto
- The mount he says it looks like IS the kelpro mount but the tab on it runs horizontal instead of vertical.
- Dealership told him they couldn't help him
- the car was originally powered by a saturn 1600 but it was swapped out for an Astron probably in the late 80's

I don't have access to the car to suss it out myself so is there some magical source of auto mounts for older persons who don't want to play with cars?
littlefireyone

Re: Sigma Automatic mount

Post by littlefireyone »

Thanks, but don't think that really answers my question. The guy says that it's like that mount but the tab is flat not up. Whether that meant that some trickery went on and the tab was simply relocated is yet to be seen.

It's probly a lost cause I know but it's worth a try.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Okay, hard thing to guess on with out seeing the old one. If the drive line was changed some time ago they could have used anything or modded the existing one.
Generally, a Sigma mount is a Sigma mount, be it for engine or gearbox they didn't change for Saturn to Astron.
It is possible they used a Galant mount;
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-G ... 41633fa677
littlefireyone

Post by littlefireyone »

looks like it's sikaflex time hahaha
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE