Poping out of reverse

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
scooterdave

Poping out of reverse

Post by scooterdave »

Hi

I am chasing some advice for a 5 spd sigma box (Borg Warner I think). It has the reverse selection up to the top and left. Anyway When I slect reverse it goes in okay, but when under load it pops out and grinds the gear. If I hold it in firmly it will stay there okay I think. I think it may be the nylon bush on the slector shaft that iether not selecting the gear properly in the first instance ir there is slack there that enables the selector to pop out of gear when under some load (reversing).

If it is the nylon bush, how do you remove and replace it. And where can I get a replacement. I am in Brissy

Cheers

David
Last edited by scooterdave on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webby

Re: Poping our of reverse

Post by webby »

Selector bushes can be gotten off ebay, no idea how you'd go about replacing it though.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
scooterdave

Re: Poping our of reverse

Post by scooterdave »

Okay, I'll have a look on ebay. But does anyone know if the bush can be removed and replaced through the gear stick hole or do you have to remove the box?
scooterdave

Re: Poping out of reverse

Post by scooterdave »

I just found the part on ebay and I can see how it comes off and will go on. I have ordered a part and will se how i go.