Possible wide block auto option??

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
lchilds82

Possible wide block auto option??

Post by lchilds82 »

A friend of mine offered me a gearbox that he used to run in his burnout car he didn't know what it was or what car it originally came from, so went round there to check it out ended up being a 3n71b which came out in a lot of the old Datsun Mazda and fits some Mitsubishi apparently, compared it to the pattern of my narrow and it looks like it would suit a wide block engine, im guessing someone will know abit more about this then me on here but thought id put it out there. And from my little research the compare these to c4's strength wise. Im sure im may not be 100% right but could be worth looking into if you have a wide block.
4GB63t
amgis_obrut

Re: Possible wide block auto option??

Post by amgis_obrut »

its a jatco 3 speed lock up box found in stuff like RX4's and datto 1200's starion had a 4 speed version
I cant see it being worth the hassle
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

yeah i never heard of them befor today, just from what i read when looking on the net, they seem to have a pretty good rep, saying they can be built tough and are fairly tough standard and compared them to c4, this thing was heavy 2 people to move it friggin heavy.
4GB63t
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

Just thought could be an option, id be looking at it if i had a wide block, i see they do rebuilds on these for over 500kw be worth it if didnt need all the adaptors etc to add to the cost of the build of a trans.
4GB63t
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

you still need to adapt it

Just looking at prices on built boxes a jatco 3n to suit 500whp is about the same price as 2 1/2 c4's rated at 750whp
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust