Dellow C4 conversion adaptor bellhousing

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
lchilds82

Dellow C4 conversion adaptor bellhousing

Post by lchilds82 »

As some would now i have been asking lots of questions about transmission for narrow block conversions one being the c4 conversion, i have rang Jeff from dellow conversions and he is looking into doing the bellhousing, what i wanna know is if anyone else would be interested in this conversion. He said that they dont like doing one off conversions, so i thought if i could get some interest from some of you guys here i could let him know next week, that there is interest in this conversion. He is doing some blue prints this week and more then likely quoting me next monday. Pretty much use standard 4g63 starter and auto flexplate, and modified converter. Anyway let me know what yous think.
4GB63t
lchilds82

Re: Dellow C4 conversion adaptor bellhousing

Post by lchilds82 »

C4 is on the cards, just got to wait a while for the bellhousing to be designed..... but still im happy to wait for what i want.
4GB63t
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

i adapted a C4 to an astron about 15 years ago, i just used the 4g5x borgwarner bell and made a ring out of 20mm alloy plate that bolted between the bell and box

if i were to do it again i'd try and find an alloy bell and tig the adapter to it
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

amgis_obrut wrote:i adapted a C4 to an astron about 15 years ago, i just used the 4g5x borgwarner bell and made a ring out of 20mm alloy plate that bolted between the bell and box

if i were to do it again i'd try and find an alloy bell and tig the adapter to it
what flexplate, convertor etc did you use, very interested to see how you set this up
4GB63t
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

std 4g54 flex plate and a TCE converter
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

I got a wide block astron2.6 and i want a c4 behind it aswell u just let me no what the go is because i will buy one also i have been trying to get bill to build one but he hasnt had time. That is all i need to put my engine in so plz call me when u find out who can do it thanks rob 0401237447
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

morpsi91 wrote:I got a wide block astron2.6 and i want a c4 behind it aswell u just let me no what the go is because i will buy one also i have been trying to get bill to build one but he hasnt had time. That is all i need to put my engine in so plz call me when u find out who can do it thanks rob 0401237447
get your self a case fill C4 and a 2.6 borgwarner 35 bellhousing take the both of them to an engineering shop and ask them to make an adapter ring to bolt the two together

it should look something like this
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

Wat size conveter u running? I am running a wide block will it make a difference u think? So i will have to get a auto flex plate and i can use my same starter motor. Would u have a adatoper plate i could buy off u thanks rob
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

christ now your pushing my memory but i think the converter was 3-3200 rpm

Im pretty sure the flex plates are the same, yes you can use the std starter and sorry i sold the box etc many years ago
billhincher

Post by billhincher »

both of you have PM'd me at different times asking about the C4
there are a lot of things going on

I have to finish the GM to 2JZ adapter, the GM to K20 Honda adapter, the 4AG W series bellhousing, the T 56 wide block bellhousing, shifter extensions for both the R series and W series transmissions before I can start anything new

now here are the problems, first off you need a available converter that doesnt require special machine work to hold the cost down, the center nose of the converter is important because it dictates the crankshaft coupler, the crankshaft coupler dictates the center bolt pattern in the flex plate that dictates the given starter
the next thing is the diameter of the flexplate, because the wide block offers a larger bolt pattern to use a larger flexplate then the narrow block does, you cannot use the 6bolt wide block flexplate on the 4G63 narrow block engine, and the narrow block flexplate did not come with a ring gear

now you get to build the bellhousing.
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

So bill it sounds like the c4 wideblock is coming up. With the converter i can get one made to suit the bellhousing and block witch they make because i have done somthing like this before witch was turbo 400 to a clevo and i got a converter made to suit. So the conveter is not to much of a prob if u make it roughly the size they should so with the other parts i can help u out if u want thanks bill
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

hey bill
i know i have pm you but i am chasing options so i can work out what direction i am going to take, you work is second to none but i know how busy you are also with work through pm messages between you and myself and dont wont to push things. i would have thought an adaptor plate may have been easier to make so you could keep everything c4 and maybe an adaptor from crank to c4 flexplate to change the std pattern to c4, just an idea i have been thinking. Let me know your thoughts.
4GB63t
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

:banh:

cheers Mic
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

i give up
4GB63t
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

Got me fucked why you would want to put a auto behind it in the first place...
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

Wanna go quick man. Want to be able to take off on boost at 5000rpm and hold on that explain y lol i am hanging for that day all i need is this auto. I had a single rail 4speed in it but just could not stay on boost. Btw thats forsale
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

For the small bellhousing you want eze of fitment look here https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalo ... cts_id=975 gut dont forget your angle grinder to adjust your firewall uses all powerglide v8 parts including torque converter . For the wide block C4 you have been given the details and the costs before there is no other economical way around it yet unless Bill comes through but honestly how many units will he sell not many at all really not worth the R&D the options are out there but you both need to realise that this sort of thing is very difficult to do on a shoestring budget hell my whole set-up cost 6K ready to bolt in but is good for 8sec 1/4 mile the breakdown of it is

C4 with billet planetery's, input shaft, extra clutches, rollerised and reverse pattern trans brake valve body $3500
Torque converter 5500rpm built by Tony Dominello $1500
Bellhousing adaptor, modified flex plate and all arp bolts and so on $1000

It can be done cheaper but if you start doing big boost launches on the trans brake this is what you will need to make it last.

cheers Mic
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

mic_77 wrote::banh:

cheers Mic
lol x2

my C4 cost $1500 that was without the billet bits and the T/brake,converter was about $700 and the adapter ring + bolts was $300
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

Sorry i am getting a lil lost on this now. I got a c4 with trans brake done by johnny PTC it was out of my other car as were put a turbo 400 behind it as it will hold more power but no need to talk about that car more talk about the 2.6 so do i have a way around as it is a wide block or not? If so wat to do and where to go. Thanks boys
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

this is more or less what i was thinking, just something i found on the net
but seriously im no expert on any of this, just tryn to work out how to go about it, by the looks there is no point looking into it, if i spend $6000 on the trans alone its about $5000 more then the rest of the car lol, and the purpose of the build was to learn and have fun and be able to have fun with it when it is finished. I am willing to spend money on it just thats pushing the budget.
4GB63t
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

morpsi91 wrote:Sorry i am getting a lil lost on this now. I got a c4 with trans brake done by johnny PTC it was out of my other car as were put a turbo 400 behind it as it will hold more power but no need to talk about that car more talk about the 2.6 so do i have a way around as it is a wide block or not? If so wat to do and where to go. Thanks boys
Re: Wide block auto
Sent: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 pm
by mic_77

Give Paul Testa a call on 0413318087 he is the one that builds the kits tell him mic sent you he will be able to answer all your questions.

You were sent this reply in 2010 there is a lot more machining involved in the wide block conversion and it does work as this exact conversion is in Manuel's black 9 sec sigma.

cheers Mic
morpsi91

Post by morpsi91 »

Would u no how much he would cost and that thanks rob
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

:hit:

Pick the phone up and make the call it is not that difficult.

cheers Mic