Diff lenghts

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
81pw

Diff lenghts

Post by 81pw »

I'm starting to get sick of my 2.6 so I'm dropping in a 4g63. I have everything sorter with that which brings me to put a stronger diff in. I no people put scorp LSD in but I'm looking at hilux or vl LSD in. My question is which is the best to put in without shortening them. Does anyone have the lengths of boths diffs I have about 30mm to play with maybe a bit more if I pump out the guards. And also what year and ratio should I be looking for?
A112H

Re: Diff lenghts

Post by A112H »

Where abouts in the wide brown land do you call home?
I have a Centura LSD that has been shortened the suit a Sigma and has been converted to 4x114.3 that I no longer need.
81pw

Post by 81pw »

Hey mate I'm in Sydney. Don't really no much about those diffs. Your probably asking alot more then I wana spend lol. The work shop next to me has done alot of my welding he said he would weld the brackets for couple cases of beer. That's why I didn't want to get a shortened one cos of cost. I love my sigma but on apprentice wage I can't really spend much on her.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

apprentice? leave the stock one in there , none of the ones you mentioned will be cheap unless someone gives it to you.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...