Plastic bit on end of gear stick

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
Draff

Re: Plastic bit on end of gear stick

Post by Draff »

Looks like going off this the Starion uses the same gearstick bush as well (looks very similar anyway) i might go and hit up a dealership before they all get sold out from people going on a buy up haha
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Hi

I'm also looking for that brown/red bushing for my KM132 5-speed gearbox. Does anyone know if these could fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gearbox-Shifter- ... 4677wt_748

I've send them a mail to ask if it could fit but they answered this:

"Hello Sven, the only actual listing I have is for the CC Lancer, however it is possible it fits earlier units, however I can not g'tee it.
As such we always offer a 100% return policy on our items if they do not suit. Obviously this is subject to the part being in re-sellable condition. I am afraid that it is about as fair as we can be as Mitsubishi (and most manufacturers) avoid passing out info on these type of items.

Kind Regards, G.

- parts_lunacy"

Are these parts interchangeable between the Celeste (Lancer LB/LC hatchback) and the Lancer CC?
Or is there anyone else who might have such a brown/red bushing too much or know a different store where they have them?

Cheers
Sven
webby

Post by webby »

I used electrical tape, but when Dad sets his lathe up I'm going to have a go at making steel bushings up for it. I've driven a W58-equipped car with metal shifter bushings, and it felt a lot better than with standard plastic ones. Much more precise
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Hi Webby.

Which one do you want to replace by a metal one? The one at the end of the lever (white) or the other one (red/brown) or both?

Cheers
Sven
webby

Post by webby »

The white one on the end, it's got a brand new centre bushing already
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
trainzkid88

Post by trainzkid88 »

nylon wear block material could be used to make both parts just make sure you get the right grade as they are different it is also known as bushing nylon available from any good bearing supplier.
this car is all motor real motors don't need forced induction or nitrous and there's no substitute for cubes.
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

found this helpful
My 87 starion box has a plastic cover over the ball that builds it up a bit...seems unremoveable