triton diff gears

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
tritondude

triton diff gears

Post by tritondude »

hi guys and gals just tryin to drop the ratio in my diff to get lower revs on the highway any help would be greatly appreciated
DragonCypher

Re: triton diff gears

Post by DragonCypher »

scorpion diff - 3.308:1

Assuming the same gearbox ratios (usually is) I think it should get ~2700rpm at highway speed

Dont ask me how to make it fit though, can't say I've tried.
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

What year model??????????

Owners manual says 2WD 4.222 and 4WD 4.675 only for 86 to 96.

Might have to see what option are available from a pajero and L300 of the same vintage to get what you need.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

scorpion diffs centres will fit triton diffs centres and vice versa i believe, as said above scorp ratio is 3,308. my triton is 88 2wd with 2.6 5 speed and on the highway at about 110 its on 3500 and about 125 on 4000. my scorp sits on about 2700 as well at about 110 on the highway.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Rallyant
Location: Ringwood, Melbourne, (Newport Syd atm) & Seychelles

Post by Rallyant »

Depending on the Yr, you can fit a 3.9 from some L200 utes and you can also use a 3.545 crown and pinion from a Late model wide body starion (larger diff), youll need to import that from USA
I have put the 3.545 crown and pinion onto my Pajero LSD.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

what year pajero is the lsd from??? what ratio is it from standard?? that would fit into a scorp diff if it is from an early pajero??
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

with the starion diff centres?? i thought the aussie delivered ones had the bigger diff centre and the american ones had the smaller diff centre that would fit aussie stuff??
Rallyant

Post by Rallyant »

Na, ozzy and US are the same as far as i know, Dif size is related to the model of car, the later models(we didnt get) are bigger, (8.5" crown)
the aussie guys are using the smaller front diff crown and pinion form a pajero for there starions.

The rear pajero crown and pinions are to big for the scorp difs, but you can use the front pajero crown and pinion in a scorpian i am told.
RXSorp has a pic of all 3 diff sizes lined up next to each other ill have to track down unless he posts a reply to this.

Its the older pajeros im talking about, Im not sure of there Yrs, also the L300 4x4 uses the same diff. ( I pulled and LSD from one of them also)
I cant remember the ratio, i think 4.8, but theres a range of ratios for these diffs, 3.545 - 3.9 - 4.22 - 4.6ish and the 4.8ish, i think theres something lower again? 5.?
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

so i could make an lsd from a pajero or l300 for my scorpion?? i could use the whole front lsd centre and swap it in to my scorp diff or grab the crown and pinion from the front lsd centre and swap it into my scorp centre???
Rallyant

Post by Rallyant »

Not sure about the LSD swapping in, infact i have never looked at a pajero front diff myself, only been told and read about these swaps. Crown and pinion swaping into scorp is all i remember,
LSD might also, Not sure how many had front LSDs tho? if any ?
Im pretty sure the L300 2wd vans have the same size crown and pinion as the scorps also, cant remember what ratio they are., 4.6 rings a bell, so probably also of no use to you.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

ill have to look into it a bit more. cheers for ur comments and very sorry bout hijacking the thread a little.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

anyone else know any more about parjero or l300 diff centres whether they are straight swap to a scorp?? aussie stazza diff centre are to big for scorpions diffs??? correct??
Rallyant

Post by Rallyant »

I have a nice Auto locker for the front and rear of a Pajero (7.25" front) and (8" rear) that may fit some ?
ANyone got a scorp center to test? Bring it over to our warehouse and lets see if any will fit!