4 speed and 5 speed same flywheel bolts?

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
hengagc75

4 speed and 5 speed same flywheel bolts?

Post by hengagc75 »

Just wanted to be 100% sure, can they both use the same flywheel bolts
75wagon
Admin

Re: 4 speed and 5 speed same flywheel bolts?

Post by 75wagon »

How do you mean exactly? I'm just unsure by the wording on the question.

I unbolted the 4 speed from my 4G32 in my Galant, and bolted a Sigma 5 speed (narrow block) straight up where it came from, same flywheel, clutch, speedo cable, tailshaft and reverse switch wires. The only mods needed were the gearstick hole (relocated 50mm further back), relocating the gearbox crossmember to the rear set of holes on the chassis rails, and changing the gearbox mount itself to a 5 speed one.

Did that answer your question?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Flywheel bolts hold the flywheel onto the crank = nothing to do with gearboxes.

Given that the 4 & 5 speed require no change in flywheel (as Dave said) ... then the answer to your question is obviously yes !
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

davetrees wrote:Flywheel bolts hold the flywheel onto the crank = nothing to do with gearboxes.

Given that the 4 & 5 speed require no change in flywheel (as Dave said) ... then the answer to your question is obviously yes !
Yeah by why would only the bolts be getting changed?
I still don't quite get the question. I need more info.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Stupid brain fade me, sorry guys. Reason I asked about just the bolts is because I'm doing a manual conversion so don't have any bolts to begin with. Also is there a difference in belt driven 4g32 flywheels to chain driven. I have done a little bit of research and from what I understand there is a difference. Because I have a belt one here at home but my car is chain driven so not sure if I can use it