1.6 v 2.0 spacing

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
unique10

1.6 v 2.0 spacing

Post by unique10 »

hey guys, I've finally got the r154 and narrow bellhousing i'm going to run with the 4g63 i'm building up at the moment. What i'm hoping to do is mount the box in the car now because the auto behind the 1.6 is just about farked, i dunno how far off the engine is from being ready and i want to keep driving the car.

my question is, if i throw the box in, open up the tunnel and get the custom cross member happening to hold up the box, will its positioning change once the 1.6l comes out and the 2.0l is ready to go in? i also plan to keep the cas on the back of the block because i'm keeping the factory ecu - i don't know how much that will effect how far forward from normal the engine sits. just don't want to have to do things twice with the tail shaft and mounting holes ect.

any help would be appreciated fellas.
75wagon
Admin

Re: 1.6 v 2.0 spacing

Post by 75wagon »

The rear of motor/front of bellhousing position doesn't change.

Putting a 2.6 into a GC/D 1.6 Galant for example: The radiator spacer has to be taken out to accomodate the extra length of the block, but the gearbox position remains the same.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
unique10

Re: 1.6 v 2.0 spacing

Post by unique10 »

That's good to know. Not fused about the radiator because with that you can bolt one in that fits, worst case scenario. But getting the tail shaft made up and cutting a hole in the floor to find it has to move forward an inch later on would be annoying