BW 35 GK Sigma - What fluid

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
karl_2ltgc

BW 35 GK Sigma - What fluid

Post by karl_2ltgc »

What fluid should go into a '84 GK Sigma borg warner auto?
Dextron?

Also is there any adjustments that can be made while the pan is off? Its a bit clunky under heavy shifts and generally a bit crap (lots of ks), the fluid also looks a bit brown/red and gross.
cheaterparts

Re: BW 35 GK Sigma - What fluid

Post by cheaterparts »

karl_2ltgc wrote:What fluid should go into a '84 GK Sigma borg warner auto?
Dextron?

Also is there any adjustments that can be made while the pan is off? Its a bit clunky under heavy shifts and generally a bit crap (lots of ks), the fluid also looks a bit brown/red and gross.

Long time since I adjusted up a BW 35 but from memory there one adjustment inside - I think you put a 1/4" spacer in the between the adjuster bolt and stop and do it up to 10 inch pounds
then remove the spacer and chuck the pan back on

the other adjustment in up nearer the top of the box and that is done up to 120 inch pounds and then turned back out 1 and 3/4 turns

but it has been many years since servicing BWs

and how have you been going Karl long time no see
cheater
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

cheaterparts wrote:the other adjustment in up nearer the top of the box and that is done up to 120 inch pounds and then turned back out 1 and 3/4 turns
http://www.transgear.co.nz/Transmission ... tment.html

going by this sight it was back off the band by 3/4 of a turn not 1 3/4 turns
cheater
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Thanks Steve,
Goin alright, still in Mildura, actually lookin at getting a 4wd and getting out along the river a bit more often.

Got this old dunger sigma (car I bought for my mum years ago) as I got her a 98 triton to replace it and drove it down from Mildura then came back in this sigma. The auto is a bit ordinary, seems to have alot of trouble moving in reverse, like its sapping heaps of power and does not want to move, drive ok in forwards gear but is amazingly slow.