km132 jap box extension housing prob

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
L200W3RK5

km132 jap box extension housing prob

Post by L200W3RK5 »

k this might sound reallyfkn stupid, but how the hell do you seperate the rear housing from a km132?
ive gone by the workshop manual, the selector is to be down and to the left to seperate. easy as that.
but i can only slide the housing about 2" out until it feels like the selector is still catching the oustide fork.

i cant spin, piviot or slide the housing any futher, ive tried the selector in all 3 lower positions. no love.
my last thought is there seems to be a pin on the top end of the selector that if punched thru, would seem to alow it to slide out more to atleast get a look and maybe a fiddle with the forks

i dont think its the box, ive got two and i need to swap the housings> narrow to wide, long to short >
but they both have the same prob??
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anyway, please be the first to point out my stupidity and explain why i shouldnt be allowed to pick up tools

>>>>Carton of whatever beer ya want if your in SA and you think you can split both of them :thumpsup:
How can you not love the taste of blood and diff oil?
geezer101

Re: km132 jap box extension housing prob

Post by geezer101 »

I'll take your cash! (I'm not big on the brew). On the sides of the extension housing there's 2 bolts opposing each other. Removing both of these bolt exposes 2 springs (undo them carefully so they don't disappear as these springs hold the shift linkage in neutral). Pull the springs out. Now you should be able to pull the entire extension housing free of the shift linkage and off the output shaft. :thumpsup: