Jap 5 speed shifter differences

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
mitsugalant

Jap 5 speed shifter differences

Post by mitsugalant »

Hi all,

Going through my shifters - found one like this:

Looks different to my other ones.

Measured the distance from bolt plate to the top of the ball of this one and a two known jap shifters, a 4 speed one and a 5 speed one.
Pictured shifter has a distance of 33mm
Known good jap 4 speed and 5 speed shifters are both 28mm

Can anyone confirm for me if this shifter is from a KM132 gearbox or something else? The reason I think of late Sigma KM132 is that it would need the longer distance from baseplate to ball top as the extension housing raises up further from the box perhaps?

Thanks.
Cars: 2009 Hyundai i30 (daily/driver training car), 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero (project), 1977 GD Galant (rally car)

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"
mitsugalant

Re: Jap 5 speed shifter differences

Post by mitsugalant »

Anyone?
Cars: 2009 Hyundai i30 (daily/driver training car), 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero (project), 1977 GD Galant (rally car)

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"