Rebuilding a Minuki Solex Carbi from a 4G54 2.6 ltr

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
scooterdave

Rebuilding a Minuki Solex Carbi from a 4G54 2.6 ltr

Post by scooterdave »

Hi all

I am new to this forum and have recently rejoined the Mitsu owners by acquiring a number of 78 LB Lancers (3) after a 20 year gap. One of the cars is fitted with a 2.6 ltr 4G54 with a standard carby fitted, a single solex. I am rebuilding this car for the young lad as his first car and the carby needs a refurb as the car was sitting for a while without use. I have removed unit (carbi) and sort of stripped it down. This included soaking it in kero for a few weeks to remove the internal crap. I have since bought a carbi kit (gaskets and O rings etc) and am ready for reassembly. The gaskets and pump diaphams are reasonabley easy to see where they need to go but all the o-rings and stuff are perflexing some what.

Not being a mechanic and not having rebuild one of these before, can I ask is someone in a position to provide me with a step by step guide or the like to assist with the rebuild. I dont want to stuff it up or miss something. I assume there is a lodgical order in how this should be done.

BTW, I am in Brissy and would be happy to engage the services of a professional to ensure I get a good job done before refitting it to the car.

Please help. Cheers

David
75wagon
Admin

Re: Rebuilding a Minuki Solex Carbi from a 4G54 2.6 ltr

Post by 75wagon »

If you buy a carbi kit, they give you an exploded diagram of the carb and directions on how to do it.

Welcome to the site BTW. I'll be interested to see some pics of your cars (Here's the link How to 'Upload' a picture or video)

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

The pics that come with a carb rebuild kit are similar to these in this link http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2655
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
scooterdave

Post by scooterdave »

Dave

Thanks for the quick response and the welcome message. I have a look at the link you provided and it should assist me some what. I am reasonable on the tools and know my way around a carby but the Solex new to me. I guess I'll just give it a go and see how it turns out. It should be too difficult.

Also I will try the link to get some pics up of my rally car at least. Its pretty much ready to go. Just getting it CAMS log booked and then road registered reday for some club events.

Cheers

David