Factory Turbo Pistons

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
amgis_obrut

Factory Turbo Pistons

Post by amgis_obrut »

anyone got pics of the factory turbo pistons, i have pulled the head off my turbo and found 1mm over flat tops :?
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Billsy

Re: Factory Turbo Pistons

Post by Billsy »

Score!!!

i bought an engine from the wrecker and it had the same. went back to the car and rumaged through it and found a sticker from southcotts engines with the kms wen it was done, i worked out the rebuild was only 30,000 old till the numnuts rolled it. WIN :)
Insert witty one liner here -->
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Thanks billsy

I knw the engine had been rebuilt before i pulled the head, but i thought they'd at least fit the correct pistons when the rebuilt it

What would my comp ratio be now ?
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
camB

Post by camB »

Sorry to kinda hijack the thread... but I have a similar setup, and I'm not sure of the details because I didn't do the rebuild.
When I did the head I remember flat top pistons with a cutout for definitely one valve (I assumed exhaust, being the bigger one). Forgive the novice question, but someone recently gave me a compression tester and I don't really know what to do with it. It looks like I screw it into one of the plug holes... and then what? Turn it by hand? Crank it with the starter a copy of times?

Sounds like I have the same pistons as you, so I can probably answer your question amgis_obrut if someone answers my question. :-)
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

The bigger one is the inlet.

remove you spark plugs / inset the tester / open the throttle fully / crank it half a dozen revolutions with the starter / write down the result / do the other 3 the same / compare the result.

They should all give a similar readings.