Metal shim head gasket for 2.6

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Stigma

Metal shim head gasket for 2.6

Post by Stigma »

Hi all just after a Metal shim head gasket for my 2.6. Can any one tell me where I can get one of the shelf or have one made must be able to handle up to 30psi spikes mostly will be at 25psi. Adelaide or Melbourne Ok.
Origanal GH Turbo Sigma No. 233.
Origanal GH Turbo Sigma No. 295.
GH Turbo Sigma Race Car.
Standard GH Road Car.
1985 TRX Bluebird VG30 Quad Cam Turbo.
mic_77

Re: Metal shim head gasket for 2.6

Post by mic_77 »

Cometic will not make them we have tried there is another alternative that is proven to over 700hp@wheels on 40psi but you will need to get intouch with Paul Testa to find out what he uses.

cheers Mic
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I have copper head gaskit with O ringed block. Ran it at 18lb for a while. No problems.

What static compression ratio are you using to run 30lb boost :shock:
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

ridgecrest engineering ;)
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Stigma

Post by Stigma »

Thanks for the info. TUFSIG the car is at the paint shop with my race car being painted will look good when finished. Will drive over to Melbourne at Xmas and show you. Will be putting the old race engine in as I'm building a new one for the race car. Thats why I'm asking about the gasket.
GH Turbo Sigma Race Car.
Standard GH Road Car.
Stigma

Post by Stigma »

Sigmaproject wrote:I have copper head gaskit with O ringed block. Ran it at 18lb for a while. No problems.

What static compression ratio are you using to run 30lb boost :shock:
Sigmaproject I run 8.0:1 but it only spikes to 30psi on gear change in 4th and 5th only. As for the copper gasket i don't like them as i have tried them on other cars with no luck and yes with O ringed block.
mic_77 wrote:Cometic will not make them we have tried there is another alternative that is proven to over 700hp@wheels on 40psi but you will need to get intouch with Paul Testa to find out what he uses.

cheers Mic
Mic Would you know how i can get in touch with Paul???
GH Turbo Sigma Race Car.
Standard GH Road Car.
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

i ran a cheap std headgasket at 20psi for about 10,000kms worth of driving, had no issues with it.
30psi is a litle different though, but you can always try it. im using a monotorque branded gasket for the new engine which im chasing 300rwkw from.

if it fails ill let you know. but its still in the build so it wont be on the road for a month or 3 at this stage
Insert witty one liner here -->
Stigma

Post by Stigma »

TUFSIG wrote:
Stigma wrote:Thanks for the info. TUFSIG the car is at the paint shop with my race car being painted will look good when finished. Will drive over to Melbourne at Xmas and show you. Will be putting the old race engine in as I'm building a new one for the race car. Thats why I'm asking about the gasket.
awesome
look forward to seeing it man
whats the specs ont he race motor ?
The specs on the engine are STD 2.6 crank out of Pajero which come nitrited as standard, standard rods with dished hypertec pistons, M8 head standard with handmade stainless exhaust with a t4 turbo with a .86 housing TS magna inlet modified with 550cc injectors and Motec computer to control it. In the class that it runs in it has a 36mm restictor in front of the turbo and power is only 350hp but it has heaps of torque 420 foot pounds.
GH Turbo Sigma Race Car.
Standard GH Road Car.