reconditioning engine

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
shuggy

reconditioning engine

Post by shuggy »

hey guys i took the head off one of my engines i got lying around today just to see whats in them and came to a conclusion that they seem like a piece of piss to reassemble.
what are the bad/hard points of putting one back together? do i have to have some special tool to allign the head or somethin?
i know i need a valve spring compressor but other than that it seems pretty easy to do...
if its not hard i really gotta take my current one appart just realised since i felled her up wit oil just under a month ago, ive driven probably 100 k's and have lost about 2L of oil.. and there are no drips (farked rings??)

and im im gonna do that may as well get flat topps and stage 3 cam at same time haha
thoughts??
81pw

Re: reconditioning engine

Post by 81pw »

yea piss easy mate, reco my engine about 2-3 months ago. you should have no worrys. if u have it all apart u might as well take the balance shafts out. do u mean head to the block alignment? make sure u have those 2 round metal cone things each corner to alight then head. what motor is it?
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

well i got the 4g32 chain in atm but if im gone rebuild it then i may as well put in my 4g32 belt. or better yet buy that astron i was gonna get.
do i need new belt if takin out the 2 shafts?
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i took the head apart last night, and just wana know how hard is it to source valves, rockers, etc?
and where can i get a decent cam?? say stage 2 or 3?

and the big one, where the hell do you find full gasket kit???
81pw

Post by 81pw »

just get a vrs kit comes with everything thing u need for doing a head. comes with vavle seals as well. repco should have all these or can order everything in. they sure have valves and valve guides. i get all my stuff from austral automotive. can get a balance shaft eliminator kit as well.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

cheers mate