engine conversions for lancer, other then mitsubishi engines

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
iwannaLA

engine conversions for lancer, other then mitsubishi engines

Post by iwannaLA »

hi guys, i know i dont have a lancer yet, but im thinking ahead as i usually do
i see Mitsubishi engines are the only conversions done other then a rotary one i saw in the threads
i was thinking someone would of attempted to put an v8 in it ?.

now would it be possible for a lancer to support a v6 "L67" supercharged engine ?
as i already have a done up auto to go with from my commodore that im wrecking because of engine seized from shitty mechanics :(

ofcourse with custom engine mounts and a custom mount for the auto ? will it be too heavy for the front ?
and im not too fussed with getting engineering certificate but will i pass just curious
in search of lancer la
iwannaLA

Re: engine conversions for lancer, other then mitsubishi engines

Post by iwannaLA »

i remembered there was a sigma with an l67 and i came up with this site which claims the L67 was a perfect fit for the sigma
so would it be a perfect fit for the lancer la too ?

http://v6supercharged.com.au/workshop.asp?ProjectID=16

check it out runs 10s fastest l67 in the world in a sigma !
in search of lancer la
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

For a smaller engine, I'd say go a 'black top' 4A-GE. That does around 120kW na. L67 wouldn't be too bad. Can get them out of a supercharged commodore. If you want V8, I'd try and squeeze in a 1UZ-FE, and supercharged it. Probably a good idea to get the measurements of the engine bay, and the engines you are interested in, and go from there.
iwannaLA

Post by iwannaLA »

thanks cottes, if a 1uz can fit im sure the l67 will go in there then, and then throw the m90 out and chuck a whipple 3.3 supercharger ontop done on the stock engine creates 250rwkw at the minimum thats my plans if i can find a lancer this millennium call wreckers and they cant find any lol
in search of lancer la
woops

Post by woops »

I think the biggest issue you would have with most of the larger engine options is trying to get it registered. You would have to check with what your state allows for the engine capacity increases. Remember the lancers are a very light car at about 850kg or so and the Galants aren't that much heavier with the heaviest being only about 950kg. I'm pretty sure in QLD here it's a 2.4L turbo or a 3.7L NA in a Galant which are about the limits and the lancers are even lighter again. The sigma's are a real heavy weight in comparison to the galants and lancers at about 1100kg so the supercharged is is a viable option.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

i've got a 3.8 vr motor in my galant but i'm fairly certain it can no
longer be done. there are ways around such as registering it as an
icv or talk to an engineer about other options

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=242
thats mine...
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.