balance shaft

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
leigh7005

balance shaft

Post by leigh7005 »

ok ive got the balance shaft out new chain on now the kit came with a stud with a tred in it and what looks like a cam bearing where do these go i think you need to cut the balance shaft and put the thred stud in and a bolt to block the hole am i right and whats the bearing looking thing for ?
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: balance shaft

Post by 81GL »

That 'bearing looking thing' goes in to the hole of the top balance shaft (ensure it gets put in square! making it sit flush with the edge of the block face)
-Blocks off the oil gallery which lub'ed the top balance shaft.

The stubbing shaft... there is another balance shaft behind the oil pump. remove it and you will see. if you don't have one, will need the oil pump gasket obviously.

Any problems, just ask.
Nick.

EDIT: This may be useful to you
http://www.sigma-galant.com/archive/mod ... 86&start=0
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
leigh7005

Post by leigh7005 »

so that bearing just block the oil gallery? and you dont have to put the shaft back in?thanks for that i thought they only had one balance shaft lamo.and as i dont have a manual how do you prime the oil pump? vasaline
leigh7005

Post by leigh7005 »

all done started it and the timing cover is leaking water danm it now its gotta come off again gonna silicon the shit out of it hahaha thanks for your help 81 gl
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

:lol: Yeah those timing covers are a bit of an art form if your not removing the head or sump.

Not a problem mate.

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.