CD 175 sticky throttle

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Paddles

CD 175 sticky throttle

Post by Paddles »

the cd175 on my carby turbo setup has started sticking at around 2500 - 3000 rpm and staying there. it is somehow getting stuck. everything on the outside of the carby seems to working fine, it is catching somewhere, i believe it to be on the inside. i havent taken the carby off as yet. was wanting to know if this has happened to anybody else?? it mainly happens when im on a highway or a long stretch of road staying around the 100 - 110 and gets stuck pretty much on boost and away the car goes.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Re: CD 175 sticky throttle

Post by oldn64 »

Next time you have it stick Paddles, stop the car and find a rock or grab a small hammer from the car and tap the carb. I have had the needle hit the side before and this normal dropped the piston down. It might be time for rebuild... :S

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

its not the needle or plunger sticking. its the throttle/butterfly shaft which the acc cable attachs to. it could have some build up of shit around the butterfly or the shaft itself could be bent.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

A bent shaft should show other signs as well....

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Mine once got stuck when the bolt holding the EGR adapter onto the side of the manifold worked its way out far enough to jamb the throttle. It is hard to see because it is behind the linkage.

Another time :think: the cable somehow finished up onto of the screw that holds the choke linkage near the top cover. Normally the cable misses the screw by 10mm or thereabouts, but one day the throttle jambed ,and there was the cable over the top of the screw. :$ I set the throttle cable up so that the cable had enough free play so that it didnt interfere with the idle. I was overtaking someone and as I backed off to pull in behind another car the throttle jambed. i guess that there is a slight cable whiplash effect as the exposed inner cable is pushed back into the outer cable as the carby return spring closes the butterfly.