sydney dyno tuners

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
NO15SY

sydney dyno tuners

Post by NO15SY »

Hi guys
as the title suggests im after a dyno tuner in Sydney. i have got my car back and would like a "2nd opinion"on the tune set up of the car. i have my car set up with hi and low boost and at the moment my car really leans out on 20psi but i know it was on the dyno to 25psi before i got it off my mate. since buying it i have installed an e-boost controller, new exhaust mainfold and an external wastegate with screamer. im driving it at the moment on 14psi and as fun as it is the high boost would be exciting when i feel like killing something :P i live in the eastern suburbs but driving to a tuner will not bother me. current mechanic said i might need a surge tank or different fuel pump. what makes me a little bit suspicious is the a/f reading on the microtec handset doesnt change. i asked him whats going on and he said its fine but he didnt connect it back up to the computer...... detonating the engine to check air/fuel isnt an option.
engine has the bottom end to handle plenty. so i would like a different opinion before i spend more money on something i dont think i "need". i dont want to spend buckets on a dyno tune / diagnosis.
engine is a 4g63t evo3 out of a vr4 galant in a cordia.

cheers guys
Adrian
pistorf

Re: sydney dyno tuners

Post by pistorf »

Adrian
There is Mark Dumas at Dumar Auto in Berowra Waters Rd berowra ( At tha Caltex Servo opposite the Fire Station). He does a lot of race car tuning and used to work on a V8 supercar.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

mark moved to tuggerah called dat performance hes in ace cresent tuggerah he is still the ducks guts.
gb galant efi 2.6 track toy
gj sedan hack car
LEE

Post by LEE »

Mark at MRC castle hill ,explains everything in simple terms , no bullshit , and doesnt tune to an inch of its life ,
pistorf

Post by pistorf »

wheelnut wrote:mark moved to tuggerah called dat performance hes in ace cresent tuggerah he is still the ducks guts.
thanks for the update on Dumbass . I left the place I worked at in Berowra a few years ago,so I wasn't sure ife he was still there. Hope he took Wilbur with him. :thumpsup:
NO15SY

Post by NO15SY »

Thanks for all the info guys!!
now all i need to do is get the gearbox fixed. i broke something (thrust race bearing i think/hope) so ill have to fix that so i can drive it there :) havent taken it apart yet.
ill let you guys know how i go.

Adrian.
astron_on_boost

Post by astron_on_boost »

Give Rotamotive Racing a call on (02) 9832 9400. They love their mitsubishis and will gladly help you out.
Cheers
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

i had my skyline tuned by Advan performance.
never had a problem with them....

also had some majorly cool cars sitting in the shed waiting to be tuned
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

Dale at Castle Hill Exhaust tunes mine. Very happy with him.
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered