Starion - MAP sensor

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Draff

Starion - MAP sensor

Post by Draff »

Hi Guys,

Just trying to track down a Aprox cost and a place that supplys new or reco MAP sensor for a JA 82 Starion, i've been doing a bit of a hunt around and the only place i've found so far that supply's them is Mitsubishi direct aprox cost of $400.

i have tried Bursons ,Repco, Auto parts pro & a few auto electricians but have had no Joy. anyone know where i could track down a new one at a price that will not cost me my super fund?
i'm located in Melbourne.

cheers

Regards

Draff
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Starion - MAP sensor

Post by astronturbo77 »

not sure where the map sensor is on a ja, but if ya keen take a pic and post it here and ill see if i have one in the shed. i have a JA and a heap of parts im not using, more than happy to help out a fellow starion owner
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Draff

Post by Draff »

Hi astronturbo,

I might just take you up on that offer, story is i dont own the JA just yet im looking in to buying it and im hunting around for quotes on parts that need to be replaced, im checking the 80's time machine out this weekend and depending on how i go i might take you up on that offer :D

should know by this coming Monday.

Thanks buddie.

Regards

Draff
MrBishi

Post by MrBishi »

You can rebuild them to a point. There is a how-to on austarion.com
Draff

Post by Draff »

Thanks Mrbishi,

i ended up buying the old girl so ive added another 80's timemashine to my collection, if i keep this up im going to have to save up for a warehouse. lol.

Thanks again for your help guys, ill let you know how i go with my new Toy!

Regards

Draff