Magna engine into scorpion

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
bmxwrx

Magna engine into scorpion

Post by bmxwrx »

Hey guys,

Looks like my engine has shagged the rings again due to sloppy machining. So i'm thinking of getting a new short block from a magna. Block is currently at 60 thou oversize and the pistons slap like all buggery, LOTS of blowby.

Now i know the water feed is on the back of the magna engine compared to on the front of the sigma motor. How have you guys gone about getting a magna engine in to a sigma/scorpion?

Is there any other problems i should know about or should i try and find a sigma engine instead?

Thanks
cheaterparts

Re: Magna engine into scorpion

Post by cheaterparts »

bmxwrx wrote:Hey guys,

Looks like my engine has shagged the rings again due to sloppy machining. So i'm thinking of getting a new short block from a magna. Block is currently at 60 thou oversize and the pistons slap like all buggery, LOTS of blowby.

Now i know the water feed is on the back of the magna engine compared to on the front of the sigma motor. How have you guys gone about getting a magna engine in to a sigma/scorpion?

Is there any other problems i should know about or should i try and find a sigma engine instead?

Thanks
the GN sigma used the astron 2 ( magna block ) but had a welsh plug banged in the rear water pump hole
you will need a sigma narrow sump front timing to slide a water pump on the front
cheater
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

just checking...Jap 5 speed goes up to a Magna engine no worries, right?
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Frosty wrote:just checking...Jap 5 speed goes up to a Magna engine no worries, right?
yep a narrow pattern which by the way is better for you club car .that lets you use the smaller flywheel
cheater
bmxwrx

Post by bmxwrx »

Ahh damn i got a wideblock!

Thanks for the heads up cheater.