Yet another potential EFI question!

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
tubby

Yet another potential EFI question!

Post by tubby »

Ok been looking at all the efi posts and at the end of the day its inevitable that i too will convert to the land of power and economy.
NOW I think outside the box actually I dont really know how to think inside the box :D
Could I get the magna fuel rail tapped into the turbo intake manifold that I have sitting in my shed eliminating that whole where to mount the throttle body problem, then with the fuel pump section of the block exposed get a high flow high pressure mechanical fuel pump eliminating that whole electric fuel pump/ surge tank issue?
I like things hell simple and fitting that cumbersome throttle looks like a head f.....
Stupid question, has anyone tried fitting the whole magna fuel tank in? or seen if any other car with internal fuel pump will fit?
tubz
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Cottees
Admin

Re: Yet another potential EFI question!

Post by Cottees »

Fuel rail onto a turbo intake, yes. There is someone that has done it from what I have seen. I just can't remember where I saw it. I have thought about putting a Magna tank into my Sigma, but I havn't got around to doing any measurements yet.
Sigmaproject

Re: Yet another potential EFI question!

Post by Sigmaproject »

tubby wrote: , then with the fuel pump section of the block exposed get a high flow high pressure mechanical fuel pump eliminating that whole electric fuel pump/ surge tank issue?
tubz
Such a beast to fit an Astron does not exist. Not to run EFI.

If you have to be different, you could use a stock sigma machanical pump to feed a surge tank and high pressure pump under the hood. The stock pump would have more than enough flow for street use 8-)