4G32 Electronic Ignition Conversion & Distributor ID

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
71GA

4G32 Electronic Ignition Conversion & Distributor ID

Post by 71GA »

So i'm looking to upgrade to an electronic ignition and i'm having trouble finding a suitable unit. I have found Pertronix(91943) and AccuSpark(JFU4) units which could possibly fit one of my distributors but there aren't any part numbers which match exactly. Has anyone used these products? and if so which distributor have you fitted it to? I read Belial has used the Pertronix 91943 but he didn't mention which dizzy he had.

I have four dizzies to choose from, part numbers are:

TVG-4AIRG3 (early Mitsubishi brand)
TVG-4ARH5 (early Mitsubishi brand)
T3T03875
T3T03874
My workshop manual doesn't mention the T3T dizzies but from my understanding they are the newer mitsubishi brand? please correct me if i'm wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Marty,
aussiblue

Re: 4G32 Electronic Ignition Conversion & Distributor ID

Post by aussiblue »

I have used the Nissan Kit 36 AccuSpark/Stealth in my 1980 LC Lancer with the 4G32 belt driven camshaft 1600cc motor (as fitted to all Australian sold LC Lancers) with the the Mitsubishi T3T05778 Breaker Point Distributor (Mitsubishi Part Number MD001952) Distributor. I works well. This https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Micr ... Sw3xJVZSPv one. The supplier, robroy-classic, said they had nothing for the Lancer but, based on the fact that after-market parts suppliers (e.g. Fuelmiser) listed identical replacement ignitions points, distributor caps and rotors, for my LC Lancer and the vehicles they were selling the Nissan Kit 36 modules fo, I took a risk and bought one and it works perfectly.
Regards Blue
Belial

Re: 4G32 Electronic Ignition Conversion & Distributor ID

Post by Belial »

I used the factory dizzy in the car.