fuel presure regs and adaptors tn/tp magna

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
turbol200

fuel presure regs and adaptors tn/tp magna

Post by turbol200 »

so im building a 4g54, its got fuel injection from a tn magna, got an adaptronic e420c ecu, siggy turbo manifold and gate, t4 and a big cooler, so im sorting out the fuel system and im thinking about running a rissing rate fuel reg, iv been looking for the adaptors and cant seem to find one that would fit the rail, looks like i could possibly get one to fit a tr/ts fuel rail. will a tr/ts rail fit on a tn/tp manifold, or is there adaptors avalible that fit the tn/tp rail. or are they a waste of time and just run the factory fuel reg, cheers
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
Superscan811

Re: fuel presure regs and adaptors tn/tp magna

Post by Superscan811 »

Rising rate FPR are good IF you are running high boost and smaller injectors than the specified HP.

This improves idle and low rpm / boost response.

BUT THE PROBLEM IS....

some injectors won't open properly with the increased fuel pressure forcing them to stay closed.

This problem is worsened with HIGH IMPEDANCE injectors, because they are slower to turn on.

LOW IMPEDANCE injectors are a better option,

BUT

they require a "PEAK-HOLD" circuit to function properly.

Make sure who ever is tuning your engine knows the difference.

Cheers.
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

Oh yerp cheers mate thats some good info. Iv got the std tn/tp ones in it atm do have a set of tr/ts blue tops. Also have a set out of a 4g61t import engine that are a 390cc. Was thinking them with a rising rate reg would work nice. Did see a set of rx7 550cc for sale. Could allways buy them and run the std reg. Does and one know if the tr/ts rail will fit tn/tp manifold
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

you can definitely get fittings for the to injection rail... bought them all myself and never went ahead with it.
There was a website in the U.S. that I got the sizes off.cheers
NOW I am going gas I can help you with the right gear perhaps...in Brisbane?
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

Ok sweet as mate. Have you got any pictures of them or a link mate. What was it all worth. Cheers
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

do a search for "fuel injection fittings suit magna 2.6 turbo conversion" in for sale section ... me no know to to link!.Still like to keep until I finally take to plunge though it will give you an idea.cheers
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

...i am unsure if you would need it all, my intention was for go AND show!
barana

Post by barana »

A tr fuel rail doesindeedfit on a tp intake. I did it on my rwd conversion. I understood the tn intakes to be narrow port tho, so idk there. Would you like some pix?
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »