4g54 with Solex, VERY hard to start but runs well once hot

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
B2600QLD

4g54 with Solex, VERY hard to start but runs well once hot

Post by B2600QLD »

Hey Guys,

I have been reading several posts over the last year as i have been rebuilding my 4g54 engine and solex carb,

I have just had my Bravo running and driving it for the past week however the last couple of days it has degraded massively and now it is soo freakin hard to start, it took well over 15 minutes of cranking and holding the accelerator in just the right spot until it was just warn enough to rev out, once it revved out, it seemed to be ok, once it got to operating temprature, no issues,

So i was hoping it was ok but now again, i tried to start it and same thing, i have tried to adjust all the idle and choke adjuster screws as per the multiple other posts on these forums but with no luck,

The confusing part for me though is the fact that this has basically happened overnight, it went from starting basically second rotation of the crank to now, taking 15 mins of hard labour just to get it to run,

Soo, im asking for help as i obviously dont understand this carburetor enough :banh: to actually dial it in to a decent state,

Is anyone able to give me a COMPLETE tuning guide from all the screws turned all the way in or out to a factory setting that i can work from there,

The hard part is that i own a Mazda Bravo B2600 with a Mitsy 4G54 fed by a Mikuni Solex Carb, this combination seems to be the same as the Astron 2 from what i understand,

Can anyone help put me in the right direction ??

Cheers from QLD. :thumpsup: