Looking for some jetting suggestions on twin 45s in a g54b

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
city hunter

Looking for some jetting suggestions on twin 45s in a g54b

Post by city hunter »

I figure there may be a few more twin 45 builds down here that someone might be able to get me in the ballpark.

I'm using a late g54b flat toip with a small chamber head. Should be up around 11:1ish compression.

I will be getting a cam ground for it, but havent decided on a durration yet

Carburetors are dellorto dhla 45s on a short runner intake.

I'm going to opt for the biggest chokes I can, as I think the 45s might already be a bit small as I can only buy 40mm venturi/chole

I'd like to shoot for power up to about 7k rpm if possible, but thinking I may be under carbed

Anyhow, if anyone has some experience, and can get me in the general area, I would be much appreciated as i dont wanna go broke buying jetting
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
BIG26L

Re: Looking for some jetting suggestions on twin 45s in a g5

Post by BIG26L »

I have a pair of 55mm DCOE's on my 54......

Spec's off the top of my head are.....

Chokes 42mm (to small, I need 44's or 46's and 48's are to big)
Primary jets; 55's
Main jets; 165's
Air correctors; 205's
Fuel pressure; 4psi

My thing has a massive bottom end and runs out of puff at about 5700rpm. It will turn new 205 semi slicks in the first 3 gears! I have 44 & 46 mm chokes on order for it and will then tune accordlingly from there.
city hunter

Re: Looking for some jetting suggestions on twin 45s in a g5

Post by city hunter »

Thanks for the replu, big help/ I had a feeling from reading some of the builds, an then looking at the dellorto chart these wouldnt flow very well up top, but thats what I have right now. Hard to find 55s at a decent price.

What are the specs on your cam, and what kind of timing are you running? Stock dizzy or recurved?

Shaun
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero