G32B questions

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
vjval360

G32B questions

Post by vjval360 »

Hi, we have recently aquired a LB hatch with a 4G32B engine. The car, starts and idles fine, under load it revs to 4k and thats it all over. Today I pulled the upper timing belt cover and checked the timing marks and they are all lined up ok, pulled the dizzy as I was struggling to get 10 degrees timing out of it. Moved it to a couple of different spots and it was worse so put it back to where it was. I now can get 15 degrees out of the timing at about 1500 revs.

Can someone let me know the standard timing and at what revs to set it?

The car has Crane XR700 ignition and the dizzy has been converted to electronic with this kit. You can adjust the trigger plate and I did this a little bit and the car seemed a bit more responsive, revved quicker but still falls over after 4grand. The car has been sitting for 18 months and the plugs are reading a bit lean. Wondering if it is more of a fuel related issue and whether the carb needs a kit . I have seen a chinese rip off of the solex carb on line for 150 delivered , maybe this is a better option than trying to rebuild the solex due to the lack of parts available for them ?

the car is low k and engine is quiet, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Taz

Re: G32B questions

Post by Taz »

Had the same issue. I think its called the second throat carburetor diaphragm. Doesnt hold vacuum and therefore doesnt open second throat at revs and thus runs out of puff when the car needs more air/fuel.
vjval360

Post by vjval360 »

Thanks for the info, spoke to the parts shop today and you can get a kit but doesn't have a lot of the diaphragms in it. Wondering if pulling it down is the best bet ? or just trying a replacement unit?
Taz

Post by Taz »

Depends how much coin and how much determination you have. Cheapest option is to take the diaphragm off and take it into somewhere to match up and replace it. If i didnt have a spare one lying around i was going to upgrade to a 32/36 weber. Can get one + adaptor plate for under 500.
This is all subject to me being correct though - although im pretty confident thats the problem.
vjval360

Post by vjval360 »

Order one of these today, at 43 dollars more than the kit which doesn't have the parts I need , worth a go ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/112046926481 ... EBIDX%3AIT