Ignition (?) problems? Help please?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
camB

Ignition (?) problems? Help please?

Post by camB »

Hello people, I've been silent for a while because not much has been happening but now I have a problem and who better to ask....

From a cold start this happens every time. It's like bloody clockwork. At exactly the same temp on the gauge every time it cuts out. The temp is just below the normal mark on the gauge.

If I’m rolling and leave the clutch out is backfires and maybe goes again, maybe not. If I stop and turn key it starts again. Sometimes no further problems other times it will do that 4 or 5 times and then be fine. If I let it warm up to normal operating temp on idle it drives fine.

A couple of people have said it sounds like an electronic ignition fault so, one at a time, I changed coil, plugs, leads, ignition module.
Still does same thing.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Thanks,
Cam
Superscan811

Re: Ignition (?) problems? Help please?

Post by Superscan811 »

A wild stab in the dark, but I'd be looking at the choke butterfly. It might be sticking closed, causing the engine to flood a bit when its warming up and under load.

Worth a look.

Cheers.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Superscan811 has pretty much said the same thing I'm thinking along the lines of. I was thinking auto choke adjustment and operation (for exactly the same reasons).

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
camB

Post by camB »

Thanks guys, I'll give the carby a going over Friday.
Will keep you posted.

It's SO annoying to have what's been an indestructibly reliable shitbox turn into just a shitbox!