Lc lancer distributor diaphragm part number

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Taz

Lc lancer distributor diaphragm part number

Post by Taz »

Anyone have a part number for an LC distributor diaphragm or the whole assembly? Repco have no listing, neither does supercheap, ebay yields nothing - preferrably something off the shelf so i can get it registered asap.
Cheers
Belial

Re: Lc lancer distributor diaphragm part number

Post by Belial »

What are you after??
Vacuum diaphragm for the distributor?
Taz

Post by Taz »

That would be the only diaphragm on the distributor... Don't really want to advance the timing to compensate if I can avoid it
Taz

Post by Taz »

Helpful lady at repco said they don't have a listing, rung a few places including Bosch who make a distributor for the 4g32 and they can't help. So I'm all out of ideas. Might just have to advance the timing a little to compensate. Not buying a whole distributor for a 5 dollar diaphragm especially aafter just replacing half of its guts and cap. Damn it
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

from an old (2010) post in the Yahoo "Old_Mitsubishi_cars"-group I got this about Mikuni secondary diaphrams:

"Guys,
These cant be found, the people below have a modified housing and new diaphram, cost about $75 plus postage and a $30 refundable deposit on the housing
http://www.advancediaphragmoptions.com/ "

I hope this can help...
Taz

Post by Taz »

Hey mate,
Just gave them a buzz and they can definitely help me, apparently theyll either have something on the shelf or be able to make something up for me, for around $75.
Think thatll be the way to go! Being only about 30min up the road from me too i can just take a sample into them as well.
Cheers!
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Great to hear Taz!

Strange how someone on the other side of the world can give you a solution which is that close to you when you think about it... :p
Taz

Post by Taz »

Indeed.
Again, many thanks, saves me screwing around with the timing to compensate for it!