Need help

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Cordiaman

Need help

Post by Cordiaman »

Hey all, new here and i have been looking high and low for these parts, and maybe someone here could help. I bought a 1988 Cordia turbo (4G62T) and it was mechanically abused. It was poorly put back together after the craigslist "rebuilt engine" line and they did not include the upper and lower timing belt covers and allot more. I need to find the lower, upper and back cover, and Mitsubishi USA does not have them at all. Non of the other places I have checked online have them. I know from looking i could use the covers off of the 4G63 SOHC up to 1992, or as a last resort the D50/Mighty Max engines. Anyone have an extra set they are willing to part with? Thanks.
Rob
Taz

Re: Need help

Post by Taz »

Ive got an upper timing cover from a 4g64 (which is the same as the 4g63 sohc at least out of the L300 express vans) but its definitely different looking at that. I work at a wrecking yard though so ill keep an eye out for a cover for you mate. Bound to have one floating about surely.
Cordiaman

Post by Cordiaman »

Taz,
Keep an eye out for a 4g62t turbo manifold too. I need a spare.

Rob
Taz

Post by Taz »

Will do but we havent had one in yet and i doubt we will anytime soon, owner seems to buy quick turnover stock over anything else (which i guess is understandable.) Only thing ive seen thats even remotely out there is a 300zx and an old SR20 turbo pulsar convertible.
Anyway, ill have a look tomorrow for your covers. Specifically 4g63 SOHC up to 1992?
Cordiaman

Post by Cordiaman »

From what I have seen up to 1992 SOHC 4g63 are the same lower cover. The upper, not so sure. Hopefully I have a set on the way this weekend.
Rob