Moar questions

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Taz

Moar questions

Post by Taz »

So ive read that an evo exhaust manifold will bolt up to my 1g vr4 head, as well as the turbo to suit, however the problem is that it faces the turbo towards the PS pump.
Now im thinking because i dont have PS or any intention to retrofit it this would be a fairly win win situation opening up a whole lot of aftermarket options.
As you guessed it - my question is - is this information correct? can anyone verify it and/or done it themselves?
Cheers
simon

Re: Moar questions

Post by simon »

An evo 6 manifold with an evo 6 16G turbo will fit a 4g67, on the 67 turbo rubbed against a small rib on the block ( 4g62 does not have the same on the block, I'm not sure about 63s)
I don't know if this helps. I THINK if you use the DOHC head on a RWD block it should be right
Simon
stealth

Post by stealth »

It doesn't fit a la lancer
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
Taz

Post by Taz »

Can you please elaborate on that stealth?
Why doesnt it fit? Why is it relevant to an LC lancer with a 4g64 block without powersteering? Why cant it be made to fit?
stealth

Post by stealth »

Well in my coupe a evo 3 engine and this was a while ago but as I remember the turbo will be hanging out the bonnet by about 60 mm and my engine is lower than std mounts and 40mm back
I found that it put the turbo a td04 factory size was in a terrible position
But have a look at jimmyg's galant as I gave him the turbo and he came up with a great backyard solution (no offense jimmy)
Cheers stealth
simon

Post by simon »

Are you thinking high mount turbo Stealth? I dummy fitted the 67 into my la, the evo 6 manifold just goes on the opposite side of the motor with the exhaust to the rear. It was a while ago, I'm not sure if the waste gate fouled
stealth

Post by stealth »

My mistake , I flipped a evo 3 manifold upside down with a adaptor plate
Cheers stealth
Taz

Post by Taz »

Cheers for the info guys, going to open up a whole lot of options going with stock evo gear for now to get it running, and down the track when i want the turbo to be big enough to suck in small children and animals.
unique10

Post by unique10 »

I have an evo 3 exhaust manifold with a td04 turbo I think I it and it has a screamer welded on. Pm if you need it :)