Comes in threes !!

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
lance

Comes in threes !!

Post by lance »

Finally got the suspension sorted to the point that l can start to have some fun .So on the following weekend got up early 7 am and pushed the car out of the garage , checked the oil, water and cleaned the windows . Started the old girl up to hear the facet pump rattling its head of, Had to be in Oakley in half an hours time so drove of with the hope that it will quieten down. The car was driving perfectly except for the rattly pump . Wasn't till I was on Ferntree Gully rd , as l started climbing Wheelers hill she lost power . l was able to get into the side road were see slowly died . Got her flat trayed home were it was safer to change the pump.
That fixed l today l took her for a drive up the Dandenong's . Once again she performed well but this time l could see green fluid coming over the top of the bonnet , I thought from the overflow bottle . Temp was fine . Cut a long story short it could be a head gasket .
if it is it will be off with its head . Its a Sigma 2 motor with TN Fuel Injection and some extractors . So now would be a good time to
change the head and remove the Balance shaft's .
My question is ... What else can l do that the standard TN fuel injection can cope with ,like a little cam !! Cheers Mark
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Comes in threes !!

Post by Scorpma82 »

these engine respond well with a good lil cam and better head flow
Built with pride, Driven in anger
lance

Re: Comes in threes !!

Post by lance »

Thanks Scorpman82 but all is good for now . I over filled the overflow bottle so there was no room for expansion .