4g32 twin carb twin turbo

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Taz

4g32 twin carb twin turbo

Post by Taz »

Hi guys.
Just picked up a set of twin dellorto's for my 4g32 (belt drive) and have been playing with the idea of putting a few small turbos for sh*ts n giggles.
My rather daft and long winded to answer question is this: what engine prep do i need to do to accomodate this? Not sure what lb id be running but itd be small, probably 10 or less. As far as i can tell/research there are no forged internals readily available for the 32 off the shelf unless if i have read right change it up to a 17-1800 odd cc and use pistons from another motor (cant remember which i vaguely remember reading this and cant find the page again). Anyone know what a forged 32 could handle - is 10-15lb well within its limits etc? I guess the next vague question is are there any "readily available" (and by that i mean i can pick up somewhere without searching for months on end etc) turbos that would be ideal for this application?
Cheers
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 4g32 twin carb twin turbo

Post by Scorpma82 »

From what I recall......the internals from a Hyundai veloster turbo are within a mm for bore and stroke to that of a 4g32....I know Hyundai build their own engines but I believe they are all based on the Mitsubishi 4g family........ It will be a long shot, but it may just be the answer ur looking for.
Built with pride, Driven in anger