Webber woes

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
GESigman

Webber woes

Post by GESigman »

attempted to fit my twin webbers to the old scorp motor for shits and giggles till it blows up (new motor still in progress), pulled the stock manifold and carb off and set to work.......... hang on a minute, damn air-con hoses are in the way, seems i cant have air-con and twin webbers. no matter i can make that sacrifice :mrgreen: so off with the air con piping and on with the webbers, ill get some fancy custom piping done later to sort out the air-con. webbers on, now just to bolt it all down.. hang on a minute, it doesn't fit :| there isn't enough space left around a few of the studs for the nut to clear the manifold, cant even get a washer on there :banh: now to take it all off again and put the stock gear back on so im mobile again and can take the damn manifold back :facepalm:
RWD Mitsubishi - Love the unloved
Sigmaproject

Re: Webber woes

Post by Sigmaproject »

can you get the manifold nuts on if you back off the nuts that you did get on..so that they are only on by a couple of threads.. and you can pull the manifold back and get more clearance for the difficult nuts ???
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

^Yep, just like Sigmaproject said.

Loosen all the bolts you have on back off again, and start all of the nuts together, and tighten each of them a little bit at a time.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GESigman

Post by GESigman »

unfortunately not guys, the space just doesnt exist. did the mission out to the guys i brought it from, told to use allen key bolts instead of the studs in the head, adn grind a bit off the side of the manifold if i want to use washers, wasnt exactly the solution i wanted to hear from the workshop but as long as it works i guess
GESigman

Post by GESigman »

and i did try walking the nuts on a bit at a time, just in case anyone was wondering :wink: