Super vs turbo

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
crappycolt

Super vs turbo

Post by crappycolt »

Ok, what do you guys reckon; supercharger or blow through turbo charger? The engine is a 4g32 in my colt. I cbf'd doing the 4g63 conversion as I have a spare engine I'm rebuilding anyway. Any advice would be grouse. Cheers.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Super vs turbo

Post by Scorpma82 »

whats the purpose of the engine?
i.e street use, circuit, drag, rally, dyno, skids, show???

what sort of power output u looking at????

you usually get more benefits out of turbocharging, but i personally find a really strong N/A engine to be the most satisfying (in particualr for street use)
plus....IF you wanted a bit more power....a shot of N2O is always a refreshing change of power booster instead of your usual turbo applications
Built with pride, Driven in anger
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

I am much more impressed as a spectator by a supercharger of any kind than a big turbo when I see them under bonnets.
crappycolt

Post by crappycolt »

She's only a street bus. Don't much care for show cars. I was just throwing the idea round in the back of my mind. I can get hold of a sc14 for free, that's the only reason I was thinking about going blower. Dunno. I love the atmo engine (revs to 8k all day and loves life). I've spent a few $$$ building the head (cam, valves, ported like a bitch and a weber) the previous owner did the bottom end with bigger pistons ect. What would be involved with the supercharger? I've never owned one.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Given the fact the engine is built and setup as an N/A engine, ull spending a lot more money rebuilding the engine to suit the blower.....then more money tuning it.....not to mention that the blower would never fit under the bonnet.....so the cops would spend their entire work shift pulling u over......

Remember, the more attention u give itself to the general public, the more u give to the cops
Built with pride, Driven in anger
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

A side mounted suck through SC12 set up would work well on the little 32
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust