4g63 sohc 2l

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
RUN10W

4g63 sohc 2l

Post by RUN10W »

Hi guys. I am currently building a 4g63 sohc 2l motor for my gb wagon. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and what upgrades or things they done to chaise some more power. What worked what didn't and anything else that would help me with this conversation. Thank you
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 4g63 sohc 2l

Post by Scorpma82 »

Are you hell bent on staying with the SOHC????

There's always the turbo route if u want more power but if your going N/A
then the traditional methods will give you sufficient gains for a reputable street and (IMO) a better quality engine.

(Traditional methods are bigger cams, valves, exhaust lightening/balancing of bottom end......
N.B. stroker kits up to 2.3L are readily available for this engine if u want more power)

You also have the option of running twin carbie or efi.
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Back in the late '80's, my dad ran single cam 4g63 in his old GB Galant which went fairly hard. It had factory twin solex's and a gs cam from a Supporo GSR (NZ Scorpion).

The problem is trying to find these in NZ is hard to come by now.
1976 Galant Hardtop
simon

Post by simon »

How about the efi of a 2.4 l300 pre 1993 I think,a good cam and exhaust
RUN10W

Post by RUN10W »

Sorry my stuff up, it is the 2l turbo motor. Thought that was the 4g63 sohc 2l turbo? Prob my mistake. I want to put the Magna intake on it so I can put bigger injectors etc just not sure on what model or any other upgrades that are good to make more hp. Not chasing huge power just enough for some fun at power cruise and track days
simon

Post by simon »

I am In the process of putting a 4g63t in my la lancer .At this stage all the internals are stock, I am using the l300 inlet evo 7 560cc injectors, evo 7 turbo on a custom manifold and have just bought a microtech lt9c ecu.I am only using part of the l300 inlet , they are 2 piece, with a custom plenum and ford xf throttle body. Mine does not go yet so I can't tell you what it will be like.