exhurst complete what to pay ???

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
lance

exhurst complete what to pay ???

Post by lance »

Well the 4g54 is in but not running yet.
Needs to go down to the exhaust shop . What would be a fair price for a complete system , headers etc.. Maybe even a cat.
Is it best to take it down and get it fitted with non running motor or wait till l get it running ??
Thanks Mark
geezer101

Re: exhurst complete what to pay ???

Post by geezer101 »

I'd get it running before sending it off for pipes - it'll save you money in towing it to and from the workshop (and once the exhaust is fitted they can inspect for leaks). For an exhaust flange back system I'd spend $600ish (2 to 2.5 inch stainless steel) and add whatever it is for extractors (second hand works just look for obvious issues like cracked welds or signs or carbon indicating a small hole/leak) If you are o.k. with mild steel pipes it'll save you a chunk of cash. :thumpsup:
A112H

Post by A112H »

Think mine was about $900, maybe $1200, really don't remember. That was a complete system front to back. Custom extractors to suit Astron into Galant and full 2 inch system with super turbo walker muffler under the drivers seat and the twin centre mufflers I used to have at the rear.
lance

Post by lance »

Its taken some time but the engine is in and running with the EFI .
l have been running on the road with a set of beat up extractors running into the standard 1 1/2 inch exhaust.
The motor seems to be running fine so time for the exhaust .
Been quoted $1150 for extractors cat and system.
It will be a steel one .
Questions...
Size ... 2 or 2 1/2 inch
Any pitfalls to look and or ask about ??
A112H

Post by A112H »

I think 2 inch is perfectly fine. More than big enough for a street Asstron and still quiet enough to keep the Police away
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I arn a 2 1/2" setup...was perfectly fine.....if the car was made <1983, you have a 96db limit....anything 1983>...it's 90db (at least in Victoria anyway)
Built with pride, Driven in anger