4g54 no spark to distributor

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
theozsnowman

4g54 no spark to distributor

Post by theozsnowman »

we took our scorp down to have wheels and brakes checked and when it came off the hoist it refused to start

turned over no worries but no spark..

power to coil is fine but no spark from it to distributor

replaced coil still no spark to distributor

anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

was starting and running without issue before
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
fridgeGB

Re: 4g54 no spark to distributor

Post by fridgeGB »

Hey, I'm not sure if they are the same or not, but on my galant next to the coil is a little splitter ( not sure of its actual name lol) I'm pretty sure all it does is split the power from the coil to different parts of the car including the ignition system. This shit itself on my car once before and will cause u to get no spark at your distributor. I have hooked up the kill switch in my car off of that little splitter aswell. Works a treat :) on my galant it just has 4 wires attached to it. If u want to quickly test it you could just pull all those cables off and just tape them together so that they are bypassing the splitter. If it starts then that's the culprit. It may not be what's causing ur problems but it will only take u 2 seconds to try it and see.
theozsnowman

Post by theozsnowman »

found that there was a loose wire in the connector on the side of the distributor.. fixed that and its all sorted and running well
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
fridgeGB

Post by fridgeGB »

:thumpsup: