magna efi with a turbo

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
turbol200

magna efi with a turbo

Post by turbol200 »

so Im in the works with my wagon, adding a turbo( to a efi 2.6 ) just woundering if the standard ecu will keep up with the turbo, I will only be running low boost, I do have a rising rate fuel reg here for it, the turbo im using is a std vl turbo, as I had one sitting there, ill be using an intercooler, what do you guys think will I have any luck, cheers
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: magna efi with a turbo

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

From what I have been told and understand, No (in a nut shell).
I looked at this option, however aftermarket computer is pretty much a must.

Cheers
Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

if you run the std computer over about 2 psi it starts to lean out. i wouldnt run it and risk destroying the engine.
neither the AFM or the injectors have the capacity to work on a boosted engine.

not to mention the ecu tune is preset and wont have any boost retard, further shortening the life of your engine to seconds if it starts detonating.
Insert witty one liner here -->
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

yer ok, there is a wolf 2d for sale atm, I was thinkin about getting its cheap and I like wolfs, I did have the thought about running that, as its only a fuel ecu, I had the thought of the dizzy from a 2.6 that have vac advance, rip that diaphragm off and put a turbo one on it that I have here so it will have boost retard
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

Stay away from fuel only ECUs they are not worth the time i currently have a microtech fuel only with a vac advanced dizzy, i have a Haltech sprint 500 with coils to go in shortly, i would recommend doing this than doing anything with a fuel only ECU
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

turbol200 wrote:yer ok, there is a wolf 2d for sale atm, I was thinkin about getting its cheap and I like wolfs,
if you like Wolf gear thats fine but use a 3d or 4d that controls spark as well as fuel - being able to pull timing out if needed can been done a lot more accurately than with the old vacume canisters

there are plenty of these older wolfs that come up for sale
cheater
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

yer I might keep en eye out for a 3d, I have a 3dv4+ in my starion powered l200 its got mpi and all the other shit that goes with lol
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door