2.6 efi and high comp engine

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
yno26galant

2.6 efi and high comp engine

Post by yno26galant »

finally going to pull the motor out of the gallant and re do all the wiring, ive done it all before but now im going to hide it all along with now im going to do the efi conversion ive got an m7 head with tr magna gear. Ive decided I want to run high compression 13.1.

best opition for head work would be ?? double valve springs? oversized valves? camshaft porting and polishing?

ill get some good power out of a n/a 2.6 ?

Any one feel free to throw ideas at me and what they used for their 2.6 ii and some supporting mods that will help having reliability issues
and what sort of power they put down at the wheels with their n/a 2.6
GB_BB4C

Re: 2.6 efi and high comp engine

Post by GB_BB4C »

TR/S Magna EFI inlet manifold will not fit into a Galant engine bay, there is not enough room between the head and strut tower.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

cheaterparts

Re: 2.6 efi and high comp engine

Post by cheaterparts »

yno26galant wrote:finally going to pull the motor out of the gallant and re do all the wiring, ive done it all before but now im going to hide it all along with now im going to do the efi conversion ive got an m7 head with tr magna gear. Ive decided I want to run high compression 13.1.

best opition for head work would be ?? double valve springs? oversized valves? camshaft porting and polishing?

Any one feel free to throw ideas at me and what they used for their 2.6 ii and some supporting mods that will help having reliability issues
and what sort of power they put down at the wheels with their n/a 2.6

Dyno chart is from 2007 but it made good Hp and over a good range with quite good bottom end

max power was at 6100 but easy ran over 7000 in all gears

running 11.3 :1 comp on 98 oct pump fuel and still happy to run on 30 deg total advance

before you start getting carried away with the comp being that high have you decided what can you are going to run and what fuel
long duration cams with close lobe centres do need quite a bit of comp
but if you are going with a cam with wider lobe sep or shortish duration comp that high is not only a waste of time ,will need to pull a lot of timing out of it and run some fancy fuels

as for running the magna EFI - I did an engine for a guy back around the same time 2007/2008 and used a magna manifold fitted a 65 mm tb and it was running a Wolf 3D ECU that ran 105 -110 Kw atw

I've always thought it was pretty easy to get a 100 Kw atw a bit more thought has to going into 110 Kw atw and the next 10 or so KW takes a lot more work

Good luck with your venture
cheater