timing chain kit

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
yno26galant

timing chain kit

Post by yno26galant »

could someone direct me to a timing chain kit, ive already bought a balance shaft removal kit from melb, just wondering if anyone has bought timining kits off ebay. cheers
Gazzav

Re: timing chain kit

Post by Gazzav »

When I did mine I just got one from the machine shop that did all my machining. Its not worth going for a cheap one. The last thing u want is that sucker snapping or failing prematurely. Youll love no ballance shafts! Makes a big difference!!
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

aw that's so good to hear excited to get that shaft out cheers for the feed back
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

yno26galant wrote:could someone direct me to a timing chain kit, ive already bought a balance shaft removal kit from melb, just wondering if anyone has bought timining kits off ebay. cheers
I know Scott ( superscan111) picked up a few from the states off Ebay

strangly enough I have never bought a timing chain kit and have only used SH chains and timing guides and parts in any of my race engines
I've never had a fail and spin the engines well over 7000 rpm

same goes for my ( vernier ) redrilled cam gears - just picked out a good SH gear

my balance shaft removal was done without buying a kit and have still got the same parts in the engine that I did in 1999 when the first race engine was built
cheater