Trouble starting, any ideas?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
mstrrab1992

Trouble starting, any ideas?

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Here I have uploaded a video to youtube. it may not be processed straight away.

but tell me what you think it may be.. when it finally starts, it seems to run nicely. so yea. ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lcSL1mH ... e=youtu.be
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
geezer101

Re: Trouble starting, any ideas?

Post by geezer101 »

Have you tried sitting with the ignition in the 'on' postion without cranking it? If there is a fuel flow problem, giving it those few seconds of the pump pulling fuel and pressurising the lines, rail and injectors should allow it to start without an issue. 'If' it's fuel - it's like the whole line and rail are dry for it to take that long to start. Could be a dead/dodgy fuel pressure regulator, something not hooked up correctly or it could be badly tuned (hence the over adjusted idle speed or the idle speed itself could also be the issue) In short, dunno... Get it running and try to back the idle speed off and see if it helps.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Hmm, ill try it, but the tune shud be stock its standard magna ecu, and I'm not 100% shore how to idle it down, I assume the screw on the right side of the throttle body above the throtle position sensor is the idle one? Where could I find this fuel regulator thing haha
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

when you turn the key to reds the pumps should turn on, you should leave it for a couple of seconds to prime because while you are cranking it the starter motor is draining all the current and the pumps won't be doing much and struggling to build fuel pressure
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Ok well, I tried that, and, it made a difference, probably cut the turning over speed in half... what could that be???

I now have a phew more problems that I have no idea how to deal with and I am really hoping someone can help otherwise all over red rover :(

mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

That was the idle speed controller on the bottom of the throttle body.... I cleaned it best I could....

now it doesn't start and idle properly, and it smells like its running incredibly rich... I also took the throttle position sensor off and cleaned it.. it idle and ran fine, then I took it up the road and it started coughing and spluttering, maganed to make it home... uploaded video to youtube
and the zzzz zzzz noise at the end of the video its my phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvczvME ... e=youtu.be
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

ok ive somewhat worked out... when the TPS is disconnected it runs fine.. when its connected, it idles, but when I put my foot on the throttle it breaks down

sooo Im not sure what it may be.. ?

it could be the computer... it could be the TPS :\