Which head to use

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
natosig

Which head to use

Post by natosig »

Hi guys
I have a magna m7 head it needs a bit of a tidy up which means $$ and flat top pistons , or do i use another magna head i know of that is ready to go with roller rocker cam and doesnt require flat top pistons im unsure ,as i want the best performance. i will be doin a cam upgrade and removing the ballance shafts at the same time im just confused now with the difernt options any help to point me in the right dierction would be cool thanks .
84 gk sigma
cheaterparts

Re: Which head to use

Post by cheaterparts »

natosig wrote:Hi guys
I have a magna m7 head it needs a bit of a tidy up which means $$ and flat top pistons , or do i use another magna head i know of that is ready to go with roller rocker cam and doesnt require flat top pistons im unsure ,as i want the best performance. i will be doin a cam upgrade and removing the ballance shafts at the same time im just confused now with the difernt options any help to point me in the right dierction would be cool thanks .
do a bit of seaching on the site theres a sh!t load of info if you look

however all astron 2 heads including all magna heads need flat top pistons or the comp is to low - I think the comp is to low even with 3 mm shave off them with flat tops ( but maybe thats just me )

if you are going to cam up your engine there is a better than fair chance you will need to fit solid slipper type rocker gear off an astron 1 head
cheater
A112H

Re: Which head to use

Post by A112H »

cheaterparts wrote:
however all astron 2 heads including all magna heads need flat top pistons or the comp is to low - I think the comp is to low even with 3 mm shave off them with flat tops ( but maybe thats just me )
Agreed :lol: :lol: