EFI on an Astron 1 motor...

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
mr_sikma

EFI on an Astron 1 motor...

Post by mr_sikma »

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get the adapter plate to run the EFI manifold on an Astron 1?

Thanks
Looking for a GE or GH Sigma in Adelaide... PM me :)
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: EFI on an Astron 1 motor...

Post by Scorpma82 »

As far as I understand, A1 and A2 heads can be fitted on A1 blocks
Built with pride, Driven in anger
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

From memory you cant just bolt an efi setup onto a astron 1 head, but if you were to get an magna m6/9 head then the efi will bolt straight on which is the setup I have on my siggy
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Oh I'm just taking a guess.....never gotten very intrested in efi on a sigma....always been a carby man
Built with pride, Driven in anger
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

mr_sikma wrote:Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get the adapter plate to run the EFI manifold on an Astron 1?

Thanks
Make one or they do occasionally pop up on EBay... but once again they will be home made ones.
You will need to relocate the thermostat housing to the front though as the water outlet on the Astron 1 head at the rear is too small.
Alternativley since you will be getting welding done on the intake manifold for the thermostat, get the extra tab's welded on to make it a multi fit manifold.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

siggyloverWA

Post by siggyloverWA »

if i had to put an efi manifold on an astron 1 head id just get a length of 1/2" x 1" steel bar and drill it to match the bottom row of studs and use it to "clamp" down on the sticky-outy bits of the manifold flange untill i found an astron II head.. ive welded extra bits to a turbo inlet manifold to suit astron II before and by the time you skim it to get fix the warped flange its just too much of a hassle lol..

theres no real reason not to use an astron 2 head, the valves and ports etc are sooooooo much better :)
ddt

Post by ddt »

Thanks
i have quite a nicely made adaptor plate that i was thinking to make an EFI 4g52 motor with one day.
But i might consider selling it.

Consider other's peoples comments above and if you're still interested, PM me.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Thanks
I have one for sale that I no longer need. Check out my for sale thread here: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10935
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Thanks
you could just make one out of some 12 mm thick aluminium
all the top studs are in the same place this makes marking out pretty easy
cheater