265 slant in GH

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Sigmania

265 slant in GH

Post by Sigmania »

hi all, just wondering if anyone has any idea how much modding would be required to stuff a tripple webber 265 slant into a gh? not sure wether ill put it in the sigma or the scorpion as yet though....... (and yes i know it wont be easy, but nothings impossible)

cheers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 265 slant in GH

Post by astronturbo77 »

its doable ive seen it done, 3 cylinders under the firewall to get the car balanced correctly. Oh and a 265 hemi engine isnt a slant, a 'slant' engine is a 225 chrysler engine.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

when i asked this question ages ago that dude posted a pic of a 265 in a siggy bay with no firewall mods... the thread is still there but the pic went down :(

but yea, that car woulda been abit nose heavy, 3 cylinders under the firewall to get the balance right sounds about right to me :thumpsup:
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
Sigmania

Post by Sigmania »

astronturbo77 wrote: Oh and a 265 hemi engine isnt a slant, a 'slant' engine is a 225 chrysler engine.
yeh cool, :facepalm: ill blame that on bad info ........ as long as were both talking about the charger motor.

hmm half in half out, sound like that will be a fun bit of chopping and welding.....
tubby

Post by tubby »

'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

More to the point is why would you? I know the 265 is a great motor with heaps of grunt ( I have owned a few) but they are friggin heavy and would destroy the handling even if the engine is moved back. Why not go modern jap straight six like a 2JZGTE toyota or nissan RB25T or similar? Much lighter,more fuel efficient and more power. Not knocking you if thats what you want to do-just voicing my opinion. I once had a 330bhp hemi in a centura that did 13 sec flat over the 1/4 so I know they can go.
tubby

Post by tubby »

usually when stuff like this comes up its a "got one in my shed I'm not doing anything with" scenario.
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

^exactly, there are far better more powerful, lighter engines around but hemi's are cool and cheap if you have or can find one.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

or just an "i did it for the lolz" scenario
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
Sigmania

Post by Sigmania »

tubby wrote:usually when stuff like this comes up its a "got one in my shed I'm not doing anything with" scenario.
thats pretty much it, have one thats been dynoed to 420 hp, cause i rolled my 71 charger.
and as to handling......... not fussed. only after massive grunt and wtf factor, and for eating commodores :thumpsup: going all the way, sigma RT, complete with paint job
(yes i know im a tool)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Well in that case go for it. Sounds cool :thumpsup:
tubby

Post by tubby »

Yeah you sold me with the paint job, go for it dude.
Sigmania

Post by Sigmania »

yes it does form a nice mental pic, if only it existed stock :banh:
79_lancer

Post by 79_lancer »

why not go for a 318 v8? prob easier to fit, still Chrysler power and will still eat commodores for breakfast lunch and dinner. there is a scorpion getting around Adelaide with a 318 in it i think. then at least u don't have to worry about chopping into the firewall to balance 3 cylinders ....... just a thought ;-) ............
1979 LC lancer ( possibly awaiting big plans )

1979 LC lancer ( other daily )

1968 VE valiant safari wagon ( EOI $1800 ONO )

2007 Nissan pathfinder (daily )

GD Galant, hothouse green ( hopefully finished.... Some time....)
unique10

Post by unique10 »

i reckon if you wanted a 6 the modern route (nissan or toyota) would be best if you were starting from scratch, if you wanted to keep with the mopar/chrysler theme and once again were staring from scratch, a 318 is cheap power and would be easy(er) to shoe in and the 390 stroker kits are awesome bang for buck. that said, if you already got the 265 from your charger which i think you said, but am unsure as you called it a slant :S, that in a sigma would be crazy off its head. i got a efi 6pack 265 in my ve valiant and thats a 1200kg car, power to weight is insane, so it will only be way better in a sigma. cutting i reckon would be necessary because the hemi is long and it is pretty tall too. i would say go for it however be cautious, im pretty certain the webbers would be coming out of the gaurds if it were to sit in a sigma engine bay, the manifold, plus the webber plus the ram tube(originally) are very long and the sigmas im sure are alot narrower than the old vals. sell the webbers off, making some money in the process, chuck a 4 barrel on and you can actually get more power from them.

heres a 265 jammed into a corolla, note the radiator is moved into the boot.

whatever you do though, i reckon it will be a good tire cooker.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

well imho, you wouldn't be eating any commodores if you cant get any traction LOL

putting in a big heavy engine with a fair amount of power into a small light car (especially that far forward) means that if you put your foot down with even larger than standard tyres with not much weight over the top of them, they will just spin like crazy and car will have a tendency to just want to spin out.

which would still be a lot of fun hahaha
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

if ur really THAT keen on a Chrysler inline six and u want modern power........go for the Jeep Cherokee 4L motor

they're lighter than the 265...already have EFI as a standard feature.....is only 50cc smaller than a 265....and is still Chrysler power.....thats my 2cents worth anyway
Built with pride, Driven in anger
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

you dont want to drive it on the road legally do you ?
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust