astron 1 and 2

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
natosig

astron 1 and 2

Post by natosig »

Hey all im new to these astron motors as i have come fron nz were im used to 4g63 i have got my self an 84 gk sigma se 2.6 astron ive read here about astron 1 and 2 wich is the best to get power from and how do i tell wat mine is id would like to efi turbo similler to wat tr11ky has done but unsure were to start with geting parts as if i get wrong parts wont fit so wats the diference if seen pics of the 4g54 astron with a bump at the back of the rocker cover wich one is that. as mine doesnt have that. these old misti motors are starting to confuse me any help cheers
84 gk sigma
rob020

Re: astron 1 and 2

Post by rob020 »

astron 1 has a pop in oil filler cap and astron 2 has a screw in filler cap

astron 1 has dished pistons, a smaller combustion chamber and smaller valves and ports,
astron 2 has flat top pistons, a larger combustion chamber and bigger valves and ports

i use an astron 1 block and an astron 2 head on my sigma turbo for low compression
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
natosig

Re: astron 1 and 2

Post by natosig »

thanks man ive got the astron 1 then
84 gk sigma