lc lancer oil pressure sender

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
orangelancer

lc lancer oil pressure sender

Post by orangelancer »

Does anyone know the part number on this> I can only find switches on Tridons website. they have tps007 listed as the part but is that the actual sender?
davetrees

Re: lc lancer oil pressure sender

Post by davetrees »

Yep, Tridon part TPS007 is the stock replacement oil pressure light switch for a 4G32.

(Technically it's not really an "oil pressure sender" .... it's just a pressure-activated switch that earths the oil pressure warning light when it reaches a certain pressure).

Does the LC have an oil pressure gauge, or just a warning light ?
Taz

Post by Taz »

LC does have a pressure gauge yes
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

In that case, will need to look up the operating range of the gauge in workshop manual and find a suitable sender .... either Tridon or VDO are bound to make one, but it probably won't be listed as being for a 4G32 or Lancer. There's a fair chance that other Jap cars of same era with oil pressure gauges use the same sender though. Just need to make sure it has the right thread (ie. 1/8 GAS or 1/8 BSPT .... same thing)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Yeh the bloke at supershit couldn't find me the part. And kept insisting that was it... My idea is to get a new sender and fit it the 4g63 so I can retain the factor oil gauge
Taz

Post by Taz »

If you still get stuck i can rip the one out of my LC and hopefully itll have a part number on it for you.
Let me know how you go as well with one as ill want to do the same with my 4g64
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Even with a part number, you probably won't find a listing anywhere for it. Does it have a pressure range on the dial of the gauge ?
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Yeah I'll post the a picture when I get back home
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

The gauge reads 0 - 8.
Taz

Post by Taz »

How hard did you look though?
Quick google for "LC lancer oil pressure switch" - second result for tridons website PDF.
Scroll down to Chrysler lancer and you get this

Lancer LA, LB, LC 09/74 08/81 1.4L, 1.6L
(4G33/32)
SOHC 8V (Petrol)

Oil pressure
TPS007

Water pump
TTS017 -

Fan Switch
TFS139 -

Reverse light
TRS014

Being on the tridon website and supercheap confirming it id say its the right part number you need.
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

If its the sender unit for a guage then you may have success from Mitsubishi. I have got them for Scorpions as recently as a couple of years ago from the local dealer who had them in stock. It is like used on a number of different models like the Pajero. Was around $100.

Tridon make an aftermarket replacement for this too - TPS005. Found it looking for Scorpion ones on ebay.

http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Trido ... 217/TPS005
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Taz wrote:How hard did you look though?
Quick google for "LC lancer oil pressure switch" - second result for tridons website PDF.
Scroll down to Chrysler lancer and you get this

Lancer LA, LB, LC 09/74 08/81 1.4L, 1.6L
(4G33/32)
SOHC 8V (Petrol)

Oil pressure
TPS007

Water pump
TTS017 -

Fan Switch
TFS139 -

Reverse light
TRS014

Being on the tridon website and supercheap confirming it id say its the right part number you need.
Tax that's my exact issue. Tps007 is just an oil pressure switch. I did look at that PDF and that's what I saw.

C fernance thanks for the reply. I'll hopefully try Mitsubishi and see what they say. If not might have to give that tridon one a crack.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

If you are going aftermarket, I found a Datcon oil pressure sender on eBay that may do the job PLUS it has a 20psi switch as well. The factory units come on between 3-5psi and by that time, you're bearings would be stuffed.

Cheers.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Thanks for the link Scott. That looks great I'm going to buy it. Noob question is 1/8 gas thread the same as 1/8 npt?
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Oh and that will work with the factory gauge?
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

orangelancer wrote:Thanks for the link Scott. That looks great I'm going to buy it. Noob question is 1/8 gas thread the same as 1/8 npt?
I don't think so. 1/8 GAS = 1/8 BSPT. You can always just re-tap the thread in the block though.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

instead of retapping the block could always run one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Speedflow-1- ... 41956da090.

ill probably buy the fitting and the sender that Scott linked. thanks for all the help guys. now we wait until Thursday (pay day)
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Piss off the useless factory one (unless you want original look).
I put in an Autometer one and is heaps better.
My factory one would take ages to register movement and also still read pressure when engine was switched off.....
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

The stock Mitsu-partnumber is MD005480. This one has been replaced by MD092660. These are used in all Mitsubishi engines (4G3 - 4G5 - 4G6...)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Rally_2.6LC wrote:Piss off the useless factory one (unless you want original look).
I put in an Autometer one and is heaps better.
My factory one would take ages to register movement and also still read pressure when engine was switched off.....
At the moment that's the look I am going for. I know the factory guage probably isn't the most accurate but it's the original one. don't really want to be spending too much money on the interior right now. have other things that are a larger priority. Would love to one day look down and see a whole autometer dash hahaha. I can dream
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

I ended up getting a hold of my old engine and pulled the old sender off that. I swapped out the current oil pressure light switch with the sender. Gauge works beautifully. I'll be looking in the future to set up a separate idiot light incase the sender starts giving out false readings. Thanks for all the help.