Galant Heater Hoses

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
75wagon
Admin

Galant Heater Hoses

Post by 75wagon »

I had a failure today of one of my heater hoses in my wagon (thank God it happened when I'd got home, not while I was out).

I've looked on ebay (zilch), does anyone know where you can buy heater hoses for a Galant? I might as well change both while I'm at it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Sigmaproject

Re: Galant Heater Hoses

Post by Sigmaproject »

Supercheap have a million different hoses with all sorts of crazy bends. 99% of them fit some type of Holden or Ford..but there will be a hose with the correct bend and internal diameter. You might have to butcher a long hose to get the right bend.
But the hose you want will be there somewhere. You just have to find it. :think:
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

If its of any help - the Super-Cheap plastic joiners and bends can be adapted to almost anything.
The slight bend coming from the heater tap through the firewall is tricky though :-b
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

Yikes, that's nasty! Normally the usual suspects like Sprint and Repco help with this gear, or you can get stuff custom made too (or DIY, as Tandanus suggested). I normally try to use original where I can, but have done some heater lines in insulated copper pipe before (my dad's a fridgey and is a mad welder!), which worked really well! Good luck with it!
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

Unicoils..... The best thing ever invented
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
smithdavidjames

Post by smithdavidjames »

+1 for the unicoils been using them for my heater hose on the sigma for two years without problem... Even carry an extra unicoil with a length of hose just in case something blows.